Church of God
A place for all people who are seeking newness of life and want to connect with people who love and worship Jesus. A church with a vision for our neighbors and families in our community. FBCOG has a 50 year history in Farmers Branch. We invite you to join us and experience an atomosphere of genuine friendship and whole hearted worship.
To purposely pursue the lost with the message of Salvation through Jesus Christ.
To passionatley pray for God's divine leading and wisdom in the care of His redeemed sons and daughters.
To praise Him and give Him all the glory for the blessing of redemption.
Not for sale
Over the past 2 weeks we have looked at several areas of challenge to our faith from the book of Galatians chapter one.
1st an admonishment not to abandon our deliverance in Christ. Using Numbers 21:8-9 as the shadow of what that deliverance is through Jesus Christ John 3:14-15.
2nd. again, using Galatians chapters one and two to remind us that there is no other gospel or way to God except the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus makes 3 truth claims:
· I am truth
· I am light
· Truth will set you free
We also talked about 3 strong-holds of Satan:
· slavery to sin, rebellion against God
· twisting of truth with lies or partial truth with the intent to deceive
· religious substitution for the sufficiency and completeness in Christ
We also asked 3 questions:
· do I believe in Jesus Christ?
· have I experienced Jesus Christ?
· have I witnessed Jesus Christ working in my life?
Today we bring to conclusion the series Not for Sale. Only when we look to Jesus the pattern of our faith can our faith become our vehicle to God.
Hebrews 12:2 (NKJV)
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Strong’s G872 aphorao (ä-fo-rä'-ō)
to turn the eyes away from other things and fix them on something
· When we focus on something, we may discover in greater detail the value or purpose.
· This involves being intentional about where we are looking and in this case to whom we are looking to.
· We are looking to Jesus because He has authored and will bring to completion our faith. The idea is that we cannot become people of faith unless we are looking to the one who authored our faith.
1. There are external challenges to our faith.
2. There is internal conflict with our faith.
3. There are unclear expectations from our faith
Only when we look to Jesus the pattern of our faith can our faith become our vehicle to God.